Are They An Option For You?
Dental implants are an effective way to replace missing teeth. When teeth are lost because of disease or an accident, dental implants may be a good option.
We Work Hand-In-Hand With Surgeons That Places The Implant Body Then We Provide The Esthetics; Abutment And Implant Crown. Dr. Blackwelder Only Places Implant Abutments And Implant Crowns.
You May Want To Choose Dental Implants If You:
- Hide your smile due to gaps
- Wear Dentures that are uncomfortable
- Are dissatisfied with your removable partial denture
- Want to keep your other teeth intact
- Effecting your speech
- Hard to chew food with missing teeth
Many people choose implants to replace a single tooth or several teeth, or to support a full set of dentures. Implants are posts surgically placed into the upper or lower jawbone. They replace the root of one or more missing teeth.
Dental implants are made of titanium (a strong, lightweight metal) and other materials that are well accepted by the body. More than 5 million implants are placed each year by dentists in the United States.
Benefits Of Dental Implants
- Implants offer firm support man-made teeth. Dentures, bridge or single teeth attached to the implants wont slip or shift in your mouth—a very important benefit when eating and speaking.
- This secure fit also helps man-made teeth feel more natural than typical bridges or dentures
- Some people may find implants-supported dentures more comfortable than dentures that do not use implants
- Where teeth are missing, dental implants also help keep the jawbone from shrinking.
- Implants are a good value, because they can last a lifetime with good care.
If you are interested in dental implants, it’s a good idea to discuss it carefully with your dentist first. If you are in good general health this treatment may be an option for you. In fact, your health is more of a factor than your age. You may be medically evaluated by a physician before any implant surgery is scheduled.
Chronic illnesses, such as diabetes or leukemia, may interfere with healing after surgery. Patients with these issues may not be good candidates for implants. Using tobacco can also slow healing.
For more information, please do not hesitate to contact our office.