We Put Patients First- COVID UPDATE
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our communities have been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our office’s commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority in our practice. We follow recommendations and guidelines made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). This allows us to make sure that our infection control procedures are up-to-date and enables us to provide the safest environment for our patients and their family members.
We ask that you please be patient and understand that we will do our best to accommodate your
scheduling needs as we know many of you are anxious to get back into our office.
During this time, we have implemented additional safety precautions to help protect our patients and staff.
New Procedures for All Appointments
- We will be scheduling appointments in a manner that promotes social distancing and allows for
adequate time for us to disinfect all areas of use in between patient appointments.
- When you arrive in the parking lot, please use the designated parking space reserved for Dental Patients only, please remain in your car (or outside if you did not drive).
- Call or text to let us know you are here. (If you do not have our texting number, please call to ask and to make sure that we have your mobile phone on file so we can receive your message.)
- We will reply to your message to let you know when you may enter.
- Except in the case of patients who are children or who have a disability, only the patient may enter the office for any appointment. If the patient is a child or a person with a disability, one parent, guardian, or caregiver may accompany the patient into the office. This person will have to follow all the same precautions.
- Both patients and caregivers must wear a mask to all appointments.
- When you come in, we will greet you at the door and take your temperature. If your temperature is higher than 100.4oF, we will ask you to head home and help you reschedule.
- We will provide all patients an antiseptic mouthwash to rinse with before treatment.
- Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, charging stations, children’s toys, and so forth, since
these items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Clear plastic screens (sneeze guards) have been installed at the front desk to minimize exposure to
- Medical-grade high efficiency (HEPA) air purifiers have been installed in the office
to help improve the air quality in the area for all patients, family members, and staff.
- Our doctor and staff will be wearing all of the recommended personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Please provide us any updates regarding your insurance information or contact information at least one business day before your appointment (or at the time you schedule an appointment).
- Anyone entering the office (the patient as well as the caregiver if one is accompanying the patient) will be required to complete a health questionnaire:
- We will process prepayment of the estimated cost of your appointment in order to keep the reception area clear during the transition between appointments.
Our practice undertakes industry best-in-class infection prevention and control measures. Our office represents a safe and low-risk environment for our patients.
For all patient visits, we:
- Observe meticulous hand hygiene practices throughout the day and hand washing before putting on PPE or handling anything that the patient may handle
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment during the appointment and interactions with patients and their environment, such as gloves, mask, eye protection, and gowns, as required
Between patient visits, we:
- Clean, disinfect and sterilize all instruments
- Wipe all operatory surfaces with disinfectant
- Our new humidifier “Misty” emits disinfectant solution during office ours to help eliminate 99.9% of airborne bacteria, virus and more..
In the reception area, we:
- Disinfect all counters and surfaces
- Make antibacterial hand rub available
- Disinfect all pens
At least dally, we:
- Empty standard garbage receptacles and change liners
- Clean floors (vacuum/dry mop and wet mop)
- Clean and disinfect high touch wall features (light switches, thermostat, door handles, ledges, etc.)
- Clean reception area, administrative areas, and rooms
- Clean and disinfect all bathrooms
We keenly recognize our shared obligation and duty to minimize the spread of COVID-19 and to protect the health and wellbeing of our patients, staff and the broader community.
If you have any questions about these policies or would like to discuss your particular circumstances, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at 951-460-5256 new office cellphone.
Thank you for being part of our family dental practice.
We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and
Dr. Blackwelder and Team
Welcome to the office of general and cosmetic dentistry of Dr. Wallace (Bud) Blackwelder, also known as, Dr. “B”. We understand that you have countless options for whom you choose as your dentist. It is our intent to show you what quality care can mean for you. In addition to healthcare backed by over 37 years of training and experience, we pride ourselves at being a very “patient centered practice”. Our office is also a place in which patient comfort is our priority. When you visit our office, you can expect to be treated in the same manner we would treat our family. Dr. Blackwelder offers a gentle touch to make you feel relaxed during your dental visits. We also provide a warm and comforting atmosphere for our patients and are committed to providing this in a reassuring and supportive manner. Whether your needs revolve around prevention, or you would like to improve some aspect of your life with general or cosmetic dentistry, know that you are in capable hands at the office of Dr. Blackwelder and team. Your concerns are important to us, and we want to make sure all of your questions are answered so you understand what your options are.